Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One Month and Two Days

One month and two days, that is exactly how far away my due date is. Crazy. That is 4 weeks away. Crazy! I am certainly not wishing the time away,  but it is quickly escaping me.  This past weekend was nice and very productive; we saw Matt's friends J and his gf B up in Mt Adams and ate Teak that night. It was a good kick-start to the weekend of BABY N. Saturday morning we got up and went to a breastfeeding class, then went out to lunch at Red Robin and then went on a HUGE shopping binge for the babe. I clipped every coupon i could find, took all the gift cards and mailers i have received so far, and headed into BuyBuyBaby and Babies R Us to get the rest of the stuff we need for the baby.  The nursery is REALLY coming together. We have stuff on the walls, little things organized in baskets, clothes put away in the drawers, bedding set up, monitors in place... things have taken huge strides forward. We just need to put up a few more things and organize some of the reminisce of the old 'office' and we will be ALL set for baby! I cant believe it. Where has the time gone? Seeing the room all set up has really made me excited.

The rest of the weekend was nice too-- even though Sunday was much slower. We got up early (thanks for clocks changing) and headed to church. It was a great mass, with a baptism-- which seemed so fitting. Fr. Knapp turned to me at one point during the mass, pointed to my belly and said "you're next.' It was such a funny but cool feeling. We love that guy! We of course had to say hi after mass and he was filled with excitement and support for us.  Later that day we met up with C, C and J and ate homemade pasta and meatballs while hanging out and watching football. It really was a FANTASTIC end to the week.

It's amazing how much support and love we have received these last few months. AND SO MUCH HELP! My mother-in-law came down and helped me organize clothes last week, and even gave me a few items to help me organize. My sister-in-law also gave me a good deal of hand me downs so we have lots of cute things for this little guy.  We even have some cute Christmas outfits that are hand-me-downs that I am excited to use!  We have been overwhelmed with generosity. My co-workers G and L want to help me decorate or stencil the nursery, and my sister-in-law has offered to help with any more organization too.  It's amazing. And so uplifting.

Last night we went on a maternity tour of the hospital-- and that was REALLY cool. It was a flash forward into what to expect. We even saw some ADORABLE little babies. Even though we were walking around talking about labor and delivery,  all i could think about was all these new little babies and how excited those people are in all the rooms we passed must feel.  It was kind of like a turning point for me-- not that i wasn't excited before-- but it made me REALLY excited to take home our little guy.  I didn't even think of the stuff that makes me anxious or uncomfortable... all i could think about was holding out little person we created. 

I cant believe only 4 more weeks until the due date.... I cannot believe it....

until next time.

1 comment:

Mus said...

nursery pictures soon please? :-)