Friday, June 10, 2011

Thank gosh it's friday

What a week! I am so tired today, SOO tired. I stayed up pretty late and didnt get home until 11:15pm since i was at one of my good friend J's dad's Celebration of Life.  Her dad who has been struggling with ALS passed away on Friday night/Saturday morning in his sleep. This week was the funeral visitation, and instead of burial ceremony they had a Celebration of Life. Her dad wasn't one for organized religion, although very well educated on the ideas and grew up around it. So they family did it exactly the way he would have wanted it. And i must say it was incredible.  People always say they want a party for their funeral and have people enjoy themselves, well this guy pulled it off!   They had the celebration a the Wilder Community center with catered food and an open bar, and an overall hugely upbeat atmosphere!  Ive never been to anything like it. They had a number of speeches given by close friends and relatives and they were all amazing. I have never seen so many well-spoken people who were able to honor someones life so well. The stories and the laughter in the room was so cool. Of course there were lots of tears, as it's always sad to hear about how much he loved his family and how much he will be missed. But it really was something to remember.

I am glad it's finally Friday, i am ready for some rest this weekend if nothing else.  We have some yard work to get done and we are meeting my parents in Columbus for dinner on Saturday night. Not sure what else we will do, it's supposed to be cooler and nice this weekend so hopefully i can get out to walk and enjoy it. I haven't had much time to exercise this week, or well, really the last couple weeks. And will be out of town for work again in about a week. Hopefully this is the last trip for a while.

No baby updates to tell this week, other than more people are learning about the news. We told some college friends last week at my good friend, F', cookout last weekend. They were nice, but not really that excited for me.  Well, at least that's how it felt. But i am not going to over analyze that situation, it just isnt worth the time anymore.  I am telling a few more co-workers these days, they have been great about it.  I am not really sure how much longer i can hide it, i feel my clothes getting so tight which makes me think the secret has to come out soon.

That's all for now. Until next time!

No comments: