Monday, June 27, 2011

End of June update

I cant believe it's the last week in June. Time is FLYING.  I haven't been updating my blog much, this is a busy time at work and after work life seems never dull. I don't know where to begin to update since my last post. I guess Ill go a week back. The weekend before last weekend  Matt and i grilled out with our friends B, A, and C and utilized our patio set outside. We made  kabobs and marinated chicken and streak in a delicious homemade marinade A gave me, and grilled zucchini, squash, mushrooms and peppers (i think?) in another homemade marinade and both turned out delicious. Matt also picked up a few lobster tails on a skewers and those were a big hit. We talked and played games and had a nice evening. I guess last Sunday was also Father's day, so the N's had a combined party with my sister's in laws family and my husbands family and we grilled out and hung out with them for the afternoon. Her family is so nice so it's always enjoyable.

Last week i was in DC for the majority of it. I was in the Office on Monday, Friday and part of the day on Thursday.  Thursday I went to a cooking class with A up at Jungle Jim's and had a nice time, but i don't think will make any of the recipes. We made grilled chicken  and i didn't think the marinade was all that notable. We also made salad (nothing too notable here), a mayonnaise based potato salad that was just OK, and cornbread. I liked the cornbread but, again, it was nothing i would rave about. 

This past weekend was also quite relaxing but busy. Friday night I spent with Matt since i barely saw him at all the week before. We tried a new place in Mt. Lookout Sq called Pera, it was like a Mediterranean restaurant similar to Aladdins. But i think i like Aladdin's better.  We got hummus, grape leaves, a Sheppard salad and we split a shish kabob dinner. It was good but it was not a lot of food. We both enjoyed it though. I also made homemade skyline chili  on Saturday morning since i am always up a couple hours before Matt is.   My best friend gave me the recipe so i was able to make it was the leanest beef i could find. It had all the flavors and spices as you would find at the actual Skyline: Cocoa, cumin, cinnamon, all spice, curry, salt, pepper, a bay leaf. I am sure i forgot a few spices. Matt tried it and loves it. And i don't feel so guilty eating it because i know exactly what went in it. I cant wait for dinner tonight! 

So Saturday night we saw B and A again and went to Bonefish for dinner, played put-put,  and went out to ice cream at Brusters. Yum! It was a relaxing night i loved it. Sunday was with the N's again, and went to his second cousins grad party our in the boonies. It was fun, the food was good, and it's always fun seeing his fam. All in all, it was a nice weekend. Even got lots of yard work taken care of (although it never seems to end!).

This week we have filled up with lots of Day Care visits. We need to get one picked sooner than later because i have been learning that those near our house are filled up with wait lists.  So i have to start now for an early spring slot. It should be interesting, i hope we find one we like. It will make for a busy week.

I am excited for July because it's the month (i hope) we can find out the sex of the baby! gosh, it will be fun to start planning.  Then we can actually start registering for stuff. And think about baby's room!  Matt is SO excited, he tells me every day- multiple times a day- how much he cant wait to meet the baby. And how much he cant wait for the baby to get her so he can actually start helping me. Since he says he doesn't do much now. Believe it or not he does way more than he thinks.  I complain a little bit more than i should; about being tired, not being able to sleep in a comfortable position, my clothes not fitting,... o probably more than i should. He is so supportive.   And i know generally speaking this pregnancy so far is a breeze compared to others. I shouldn't complain so much. I do know how much i am... i am so lucky to be married to such a perfect husband.

Cant wait to see what this month will bring. 4 more weeks closer to my due date-- AND the half way point! crazy how quickly time flies!!

No comments: