Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to 2011

Happy New Year! Wow i cant believe it's already 2011! Last year, 2010, happened so fast and it was chalk full of ups and downs. Overall it was a good year, but it was a tough follow-up to the exciting and eventful 2009. But such is life, and alas we arrive at the entry way of 2011. Gosh it sounds weird to say.

My New Years Eve was a much different pace this year; no friends around, no wild drinking activities, no late night-- just a casual evening with my whole family in Cincinnati. We cooked a nice dinner that included filet minion that Matt cooked to perfection, and drank some great wine my parents brought back from Italy. It was relaxing, not stressful, and well rested. The fam stayed the whole weekend and we went to the aquarium, the movies, the outlets/ Traders World, Jungle Jims and out to dinner with matt's parents and brother. It was nice, busy, not a bad way to kick off the new year.

I am anxious to see what this year has in store for us! I say that because as i kick off the new week of the new year i am full of anticipation... a new exciting feeling. I am not sure i felt this last year, but i do this year. I have a lot to look forward to in the next few months. And when i think about it, i know the months will fly by and before i know it will be over.  Time sure has a funny way about it.  Just this month we have my dad's highly anticipated Thank You party and the last weekend of hte month is VEGAS again but this time with Matt's family... which i know will be super fun.  And lets not fail to mention ALL the weddings we have coming up this year- and of course the travel involved since i dont know of any that are in town yet. May will be particularly busy since we have two weddings (both out of town) and a week vacation on the Oasis of the Seas with both my family AND Matt's family, AND his aunt and cousin. Lots of fun will be had.

I think this will be the year of great friendships instead of stress-- i have come to know who some of the really cherished people are in my life... Especially those who are brand new to my life and have become irreplaceable. Some of my most favorite memories of last year were with the E and C, and C and J-- Matt's old friends and my new friends. Who knew that would happen? This gives me a feeling of hope and excitement coming into this new year. I cant wait for all the great memories in store for us!

I also have resolutions to work out more regularly.And i  know i said this last year, but i hope Matt joins me in a new routine. It would be great to share a common goal again....Last year i was unsuccessful, I'm not even sure if matt went with me one time, but i sure hope something shifts this year.  Maybe we can try eating healthier, after all Matt did get a juicer for Christmas this year.

Lots of things to keep me looking up, good things are in store for us this year. I hope i look back at this post on January 1, 2012 with a smile....because things will be different this year.

Happy NEW year, and welcome to the new start!

No comments: