Monday, May 10, 2010

May Flowers

Cant believe it's mid-may already--well, almost MID-May, it seems like it's practically summer. Lots of suff is going on in May, i saw my old college roommate get married on May 1st, i saw my parents this weekend for mothers day, im going to California for almost 10 days next week, then it's memorial day. It will be nice to have a long weekend after a busy couple weeks. Even this weekend looks busy, i catch a flight Sunday, and i have so many pet projects i need to get done this month both at work and at home.

Xanex please?

Luckily things are doing OK on the home front. I have been thinking about my grandma a lot since she continues to get weaker and weaker. I got an email from my mom today sent to my sister telling me she was up all night last night moaning ' o my god.' She is in Hospice now, and someone is coming over to the house to relieve my dad's sister on weekends because her husband was send to the hospital on friday with an 'infectious disease of the blood, that has a high mortality rate." Whatever that means. It's wierd i say things are OK, i say it because it seems my mom and dad have a somewhat positive outlook on things for the first time. And even though there has been a lot of stress and fighting, things come together in times of great need. And i think this is one of those times... and time will only tell how things will work out.

Last week was an incredibly stressful week at work as we prepared all our budget deliverables for FY12. We had a short turnaround so i felt so stressed the entire week. It alll came to a head this morning when we presented our briefing to senior management and my boss was thrown under the bus for an incomplete chart that SHE WASN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR. Luckily the rest of the week i can catch up on everything that was put on the back burner last week.

I look forward to the warm weather to return and for it to feel more like summer. Matt and I certainly have our work cut out for us in the yard when the weather arrives, but busy is good. I just need to keep telling myself that.

Busy is good.....


Until next time.

No comments: