Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Monday is past

So i am better today, i told you I would be. I ended up leaving work pretty close to 6, a little past the snowing fall sideways. Luckily the roads didnt get bad within that window of opportunity and I made it home not as late as i thought. I just get perturbed when i am tired and exhausted and I have to stay late waiting on someone else when this deadline they knew about days prior!! In fact, i even followed up multiples times during the day to ensure they would get it done BEFORE 5 EST. But enough of stupid people.

Last night I went to E's apartment to watch the bachelor-- she also had two other friends over. One who ive met before and the other who i didn't, both were SUPER nice! I brought over Indian food and we just vedged out. Both of her friends were SO interesting, one is finishing her PhD in neuroscience at UC and the other is waiting on her final application for med school at Yale. Not to mention she already got into Case and Northwestern, and who know what other schools she didnt tell me about. Wheew!! It felt good to be around new people, people who were glad to be around me. I need this. I need low maintenance friends, i need friends that call me and care, i need to be around people that dont make me feel like i dont belong. I am sick of drama, i am sick of investing so much thought into what my so-called friends think about me. And, of course, we all know this topic of conversations spawns from just a small few people here. I do have some fantastic friends too in my life. But you know what i am getting at.

Glad Monday is over and I am another day closer to the weekend. A weekend we dont really have plans... which is nice. Hopefully the sun comes out a little bit.

1 comment:

ann ominous said...

i <3 low maintenance friends.

i'm not going to make it through tuesday....my motivation is just kaput.