Thursday, December 18, 2014

Dear Nick- Month 36 (Year 3)


Dear my BEAUTIFUL son Nicholas,

 Happy 3rd BIRTHDAY little buddy! I cannot believe how much you have gown and flourished, and you amaze me every day. Your personality, your joy, your incredible heart, you spirit and energy fills my heart up to the brim.  I don’t even know where to begin this letter because there is so much you say and do that I want to remember for always, and my mind cant choose where to start?

Lets start with you were selt motivated to potty train! I have been  encouraging you for a quite a few months now with little luck, until a couple weeks before thanksgiving you just got it. Like, you have been doing it your whole life. You havent gone pee in your diaper (even at night!) for a while, and you tell me all the time when you need go. You transitioned perfectly to big boy underwear, although you are still “scared” to poop in the potty. And you don’t want to go at daycare yet.  But I know it will just click in there, too. Just like everything does  for you. You move through life with cautious optimism. You always like to stick your toe in the water first before you jump, and that is your trademark. And quite frankly, that is JUST fine!  You are measured and aware of yourself and your surroundings, in all honesty this makes you wise and more mature than most your age.  Even last night when we went to see Santa with the neighborhood kids, you didn’t want to sit on his lap because he seemed a little too scary for you. Even if I told you he was nice, and Adrianna offered to hold your hand, you did NOT want to. I even sat on his lap with Mrs. Putnick and Mrs. Fierrer. But as we were walking out you didn’t get to say bye to santa so we rushed back in, you waited your turn (and told me “ he is not scary, and he is not a monster” and sat right down. Then proceeded to tell him you wanted candy and French toast for Christmas. God love you. Oh ya, and while we walked to the car you wanted a hug from him.

One thing about you that I LOVE is you want to please. You WANT to be a good boy, and you hate it when I tell you did something bad. You are quick to correct to tell me you are a good boy. You always want to help, you love to feel useful and I love it more than anything when we do things together. You help with the laundy, the dishes, cooking dinner, cleaning up toys, washing bottles, everything.  You are also getting quite independent too. Can brush your teeth on your own, get undressed by yourself, take off your shoes, open and shut the car and climb in, and I know there is more—and way too often you will get mad at us for trying to help you do things you can do on your own. You use of language if impeccable, too.  YOu still carry  a tune with you as you go around, and now that it is Christmas you have a whole slew of songs you sing now.  I admire your love for music, sometimes you will ask to wait in the car until a song is over, or turn up the volume so you can hear something, I will catch you sitting in the office next to the old CD player we have in there just listening  to one of your Baby Genius or Mickey  CDs. It’s rubbed off on your brother because he is a DANCER!

You still REALLY love Mickey (and BOB!) boy you would do almost anything for him.  You love to play ball, trains, and dance till the sun comes up. You have always loved reading books and I hope it never gets old. You recognize/know pretty much all of the letters of the alphabet and can even spells some words now too including all of our names.  Numbers and shapes are no problem, too. I think you are one smart cookie.

You are sweet and cuddly, and so darn beuaitufl I just stare at you sometimes in awe. I cannot believe you are mind, I so proud of you and all that you have become I could burst.  I love that you have grown into a relationship with your little brother, too. You love it when each other is around, and always ask where he is when you  don’t see him. I catch you guys running and chasing each other, too and laughing. The sound of your footsteps and laughter around the house is the best thing in the whole world. I know I will miss these days when you get older, I am trying to savor all that you are and everything that makes you, you.  I cant  for Christmas with you both, and then we get to go on a cruise right after and you are SO excited. You ask every day now if you can go on a cruise ship. And then you truck your mickey bag around with you ready to get it packed. I hope it’s a wonderful time, and I cant wait for some warm weather. I cant wait for all that is in store for us in 2015 We closed  our your two years with an awesome golden birthday party for you, over 40 people came to our house and you got TONS of toys.  You are one loved little boy. And it’s true,  We love you more than anything, Nick.  Keep being you, it is JUST PERFECT.

 All the love in the world,

Mommy

No comments: