Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Dear Chris- Month 8.75

Dear Chris ( Month 8.75)
 
You are crawling!! You started crawling fairly early ( I think) at just over your 8 month birthday (and within a week you were zipping around the house). You are fast and I always hear you coming as those adorable thighs pound the floor. Slap slap thump thump . Your big brother loves that you are mobile now and you can follow him around. Even though he isn’t the best as sharing and sometimes doesn’t like you playing with his toys.  Watching you two play together puts the wind in my sails, even on the hardest days watching your brotherly love is so spirit lifting.  The bond you are forming right now can never be replaced, you are both such beautiful people.
 
You are getting more adventurous with your eating habits, too. You eat all kinds of fruits and vegetables, and are even eating some table food now too—not just the pureed baby food I have been making for you. Your pincers and incredibly precise! Impressive little man.  Your tooth count holds steady at 5 (3 on the bottom, two on top) and those are sharp little suckers. I am teaching you NOT TO BITE.  That’s a big lesson this month, and I do think you are actually getting it.
 
You surely love to be close to your brother, but being by mommy is still number one. I am pretty sure when you are tired or hungry or any kind of unhappy I am the only one who can hold you and make things better.  You are mama’s boy, I love love it.  You are still not the best sleeper, but your smiles and affection towards me (and whoever is around you) more than makes up for those troublesome moments.  Mimi said to me last week when she picked you up from daycare you ‘Hellen kellered her face’. You just touched her face so gently and looked up to her as if the mere fact that she was there was all the world needs. I’ve even received comments from strangers about how engaging you are. You certainly are a beautiful soul.
 
You go to the doctor in a couple weeks for your 9 month check and I can’t wait to see what you weigh. I am guessing you are still tipping the scales (likely over 24 lbs). And getting quite long too. I think you will be standing on your own and cruising in the next month too. You can already pull yourself up on furniture.  You have been pretty healthy over all, fighting a few colds and runny nose. Teething hasn’t been the most fun and I can noticeably see your discomforts some days. But generally you are one tough cookie.
 
I have enjoying the warm summer days and I hope the spend as much time as I can while we still have this beautiful weather. Hard to believe September and fall are just right around the corner. But there is always something to look forward too. Thank you for being so sweet and loveable. I am sure we will get your first haircut soon, too. So many adventures await, and we love you so much little man. Keep doing what you are doing—being wonderful—because it is perfect and all the world needs.
 
Love you so much,
Mommy

No comments: