Monday, December 3, 2012

Dear Nicholas- Happy FIRST Birthday!

 Dear  my sweet little boy, Nicholas,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I cant believe that one year ago today i was back in the hospital enjoying your small 6.9 oz little body all cozy in my arms. I would have never in my wildest dreams imagined how you are today, or all the love you bring on a daily basis.  I cant believe today you are ONE year old. You are no longer a baby, but now you are a toddler!

We had your birthday party yesterday and you were a pure delight.... for 99% of the day.  You played with your friend Ethan, and wheeled your cousins around in your new car, and you cozied up to everyone wanting to play with you. Uncle Rudy especially.  You got all kinds of cool gifts, from little Vtech laptops, books, helicopters, your new car and an awesome radio flyer rocking horse from Grandma and Grandpa G.  Opening gifts was not your forte. And neither was your time to enjoy cake. You cried when we sang, and cried even harder wante to give you some of it. Poor thing. YOu were tired and NOT hungry, how dare us try to feed you an entire cake with ice cream! Someone call child protective services! But as soon as you got down from your chair and could play with your toys everything was A- OK. And you even got some of that yummy cake of yours later in the night after everyone had gone home.

This last month of baby hood continued to be as good as the last eleven.  You still haven't taken any steps by yourself, but you certainly are close! I think you are still a little scared to go without holding on to anything.  When i took you to the doctor this month you were 24.5 lbs, and still just above average in the percentiles.  You are more aware of your surroundings and now you are learning some stubborn ways of doing things. Specifically if you want a toy that you cant have, or if you cant go somewhere, you will throw yourself to to the ground and wail.... until you get whatever it is you want.  You are a tricky little bugger. But we are smarter than you think......and have eyes in the back of our heads., so you better learn another way of getting what you want.

 Your smile gets brighter every day, and your eyes get bluer.... your lovable personality continues wins the hearts of everyone you meet.  I dont know how I got so lucky to get such a beautiful, smart, gentle, sweet, and most lovable human being as a son.   I can only wait to see what an incredible person you are going to grow up in the next ninety nine years.. And i can wait, because I am enjoying every second watching you grow. We move into our new house this week.... it will be a place you will have so many memories, and I cant wait to share them with you.  I love you more than the moon, the sun, and all the stars in between. You are the light of my life, and from the very bottom of my heart i wish you a very happy birthday, Nicholas.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: