Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dear Baby

Dear Baby Nicholas,

O my how I love you. I cant believe you are already over 10 weeks old, it seems like only yesterday when I held you in my arms just over 6 pounds and hours old. You were so small and fragile... now you are growing into your personality and your own looks. You are the most beautiful baby I have ever laid my eyes on. And the most cuddly. I love that about you. My favorite place in the whole world is snuggled up on my couch with you on my chest sleeping with a blanket over us. I don't think I would want to be anywhere else.

At just over 10 weeks you are in the 60% percentile for weight and about 40% for height. I think you will be tall though.  You are strong too! You can already hold up your body weight on your legs. And you can  roll over from your tummy to your back... but you have been able to do that since you were just over 5 weeks old. You are already over achieving.   You are the happiest baby in the morning, throwing smiles at us all over the place. I cant wait to discover what will make you giggle. I hope i figure it out soon.  One thing that consistently intrigues you are the curtains in our living room... we always catch you staring up at them. I am pretty sure I caught you smiling at them once too. YOu like ceiling fans, but nearly as much as those curtains! We can always calm you down during bath time, but just now you are getting used to get OUT of the bath. YOu don't splash around yet, but when you figure it out you can i am sure you will love the bath even more.

You continue to amaze us by how much you are learning, growing and changing every day. I am still shocked by your hair. I remember being surprised by how much hair you had when you came out, but then you lost a lot of it, and now it's growing so quick on the top of your head. And boy have your cheeks filled in, you have the cutest baby face. And the sweetest lips. You used to be able to make your lips so small.... like you were really concentrating. I always wondered which side of the family those little lips of your came from. Lots of people say you look like daddy. And cute as a button.

In just two weeks I have to go back to work... after getting to spend 12 whole weeks with you. These have been the best weeks of my whole life. A taste of being a stay at home mom is such s tease, I wish i could be with you all day every day. You are so much fun to be around, sometimes i could just stare at you. I cant get enough. It makes me so sad that I have to leave you, and I pray every day that you will thrive in daycare. Please do that for me so i don't feel so bad about it.  I will do my very best to make the most of the time I do get to spend with you.... because I want you to grow into an even more beautiful person that you already are.
I love you lots and lots.

Love always,
Mommy

No comments: