Monday, October 17, 2011

Shower number 2

This weekend Matt and I were home in C-town for a baby shower thrown by my mom.... It was a really nice turnout, lots of family came, some close family friends, my best friend, my sister flew in, even the one HS friend I still managed to stay in touch with.  It was really nice, and the food from Bravo was absolutely delicious! I am still so touched by the generosity of some of those closest to me, especially those not related to me but very close to my immediate family.  I still cant believe it, and the same held true when we got married.  I guess we are really loved:)

It was also really nice that my cousin C, drove up from Dayton to attend when i literally had ZERO expectations for people out of town to make the trip. It was nice to catch up with the family on the G side, considering i rarely seem them as much now that Grandma is gone. They are all so excited for me, and so supportive, and full of compliments. It really made me feel good, especially when my self esteem hasn't been the highest.  My favorite moment was this one,  and I just looked at my cousin;s blog-- and she recorded it (which seems unbelievably sweet, too).  It's me opening the present my Aunt A got me, a baby blanket. But not just any baby blanket, a blanket made by my Grandma. The card said she made some baby blankets specifically for her grand kids to have when we have babies and this was one of them.  When i look at the video i start tearing up. And it was one of those moments when i looked around i saw everyone was tearing up. Even some that arent on that side of the family.  What a profound impact that women had on us, and it makes me sad thinking that she has this planned before she passed.   She is dearly missed, and her presence can still be felt by everyone in moments like this one...:



No comments: